Friday, July 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Clara Bow





Clara was born in Brooklyn, New York in the summer between 1905 and 1907. July 29th is date most people seem to agree with so we'll go with that. She was born without a birth certificate because her parents didn't think she would survive. Apparently the infant mortality rate was around 80% during that time in New York. All morbid thoughts aside, I think most women would be pretty happy not having a birth certificate. Nobody could ever really prove your age! Anyhow, Clara is one of my favorite silent era dolls. She is just so captivating and adorable, you just can't take your eyes off her. I posted a few of my favorite photos of her. I especially love her outfit in the last pic, what a beautiful coat! Don't miss the gorgeous vintage dresses in the 3rd picture of her. She always had amazing style.

No comments: