Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Vintage Wedding Dress Inspiration





Wow, I'm so behind in my blogging! I will get back on track eventually. There's been so much to deal with lately! Anyways, I've decided to go with 1930's for my wedding gown. For fun I thought I would do some research and see what my favorite vintage ladies wore on their big days. Which is your favorite look? From the top we have Jean Harlow and Paul Bern in 1932. Ginger Rogers and Lew Ayers in 1934. Betty Grable and Harry James in 1943. Ava Gardner and Frank Sinatra in 1951. Lana Turner and Bob Topping in 1948. My favorite dress would have to be Lanas, but you can't beat pin up girl Betty Grables hair with that huge flower. Love it.

10 comments:

Daniela Valdez said...

I absolutely love the idea of wearing a vintage wedding dress!

Did you see the award I left you in my blog? :)

Xoxo.

Jennie said...

So utterly glamorous!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Lovely inspiration--especially Jean Harlow. :)

reckless daughter said...

ooow...vintage wedding dresses are gorgeous. I love that.

Jenni said...

Ava's looking pretty fine in her dress. Lana's a close second, though.

Anonymous said...

The halter neck dress is gorgeous!

juliet xxx

Couture Carrie said...

Where do you find all your fabulous photos?! Love this post so!

xoxox,
CC

Anonymous said...

Hi, saw you left a comment on my blog. I wonder if you understand anything of what I write in Swedish?? Anyway, I totaly agree with you on the choice of dress. Mine will look almost exactly like that, but with a poufy petticoat underneath. :)

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

I adore vintage dresses, i think they are so much more beautiful.

KernowWitch said...

They are all beautiful. Take what you like from each outfit and create your own individual 1930's look...I will have been married 13 years this Feb & still remember the build-up to The Day so I can imagine how you are feeling. Good luck...Hugs Chrissy x