Friday, May 23, 2008

Vintage Treasures

I went on a little trip recently to visit my boyfriends family. Of course no trip is complete without a visit to the local vintage clothing and antique shops. I don't know what it is about small towns, but they are overloaded with vintage goodies at low prices! I wish it was like that in the city! But it's not:(
Anyhow, I started off by finding a beautiful 1940's fur coat at a little thrift store. To keep with my decade of choice, I then found a gorgeous 40's cream colored suitcase in perfect condition.
Next we found this huge antique mall. I checked out their vintage automotive section which was filled with old car parts, books, etc. I picked up a couple of cool 1960's car magazines which looked like they had never been read. The highlight of the trip however, was finding an early 1960's hairdryer! It's the most unique item I've seen in awhile. It basically looks like a mini vacuum cleaner with a comb attached to the hose! Hillarious! Of course I had to have it.

3 comments:

Kira Aderne said...

hahaha
so different from the ones we have nowadays!

so nice you got it!!!!


a kisss!!!

aizat.cinta.goddess said...

i want to see your fur coat!!plz!!

have a great vintage day..i love vintage style!

Candice DeVille said...

I have one of these too, (although from an earlier era). I have never used it, but it is probably a great way to set you hair in curlers without the direct force of the hairdryer blowing them all over the place. I must give it a go.